Sunday, May 27, 2007

Virtual Cities

Please take a look at my Virtual Cities site and provide any feedback you might have regarding the potential of a community-based, open source virtual city for a city's residents to use. The goal of the site is to motivate potential participants to generate virtual city content after a short demonstration session where the creation process is demonstrated. Before our class together, I would have just sent this link around to try and promote the idea. Now, I hope to get feedback through comments to my blog on the subject. Eventually, I'd convert these Virtual City Web pages to a Wiki once I had enough people interested in maintaining it.


I've started communicating with the Providence Waterfront Park Architects, suggesting a virtual Providence would help promote their project better. In June, I plan to meet with interested city and state government officials to pitch the idea. With so many creative college campuses in the city (more per capital than Boston even), I am hopeful to find a groundswell of interest. I'll demo in class but am providing the site ahead of time for those interested.

No comments: